Q. I’ve been in an accident…… what now?
A. Start by reporting your claim to our office at the earliest possible time. You may also report the claim directly to your carrier’s claims department.
- When the accident occurred?
- Where the accident occurred?
- How the accident happened?
- What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved? (Yr, Make & Model)
- A description of the damage on each vehicle?
- The names & contact information of people involved in the accident?
- The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident?
- The names & contact information for any witnessing the accident?
- The names of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number?
Q. I have damage to my property….. what now?
A. If possible call our office first, if after hours, contact your insurance carrier.
- When the incident occurred?
- A general description of what happened?
- The location of the damaged property and what was damaged?
- The condition of the home and if it is still livable?
- If temporary repairs are needed?
- If the fire or police departments were contacted.
Q. Do I need to protect my home from further damage?
A. Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
- Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
- Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure you keep your receipts.
- If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.